Platinum Squad Criteria.
To join this squad swimmers must:
· Commit to training 4 times a week
· Demonstrate a positive attitude to training & improving performance
· Developing & improving stroke technique on all 4 competitive strokes.
· Have County qualified times.
· Able to complete the following test sets :
o 4 x 200m FC on 4.00
o achieved a 200m IM time
Whilst in this squad swimmers will:
· Work to an 8 week training programme & aim to peak at selected competitions.
· Work on More complex stroke progressions.
· Will be subject to a variety of test sets.
· Practice IM swim builds.
· Develop & perform starts, turns & finishes on all 4 strokes.
· Goal setting will be a formalised process.
· Maintain logbooks
· Do stretching exercises.
· Independently monitor training using the pace clock.
· Learn the rules of the Sport.
· Increase the distance covered in training sessions.
· Competing guidelines.
· To take part in club events & time trials.
· To attend galas when selected.
· Qualify for Club Championships.
· To work with the Head Coach to identify specific Open Meets to take part in.
· To have the long term goal of qualifying for the Regional Championships
· Tuesday 7.30 to 9.00pm Oundle
· Wednesday 7.30 to 9.00pm Kettering.
· Friday 7.30 to 9.00pm Thrapston.
· Sunday 6.30 to 8.30 pm Oundle.
· Swim hat
· Drinks bottle
· Kick board
· Pull buoy
· Hand paddles
Squad Fee: £54.00 per month