To join this squad swimmers must:
· Commit to training 3 times a week as directed by the Head Coach.
· Demonstrate a positive attitude to training & in discussion with Head Coach decide if you are
· Training to maintain fitness or improving performance.
· Have good technique on all 4 strokes.
· Minimum age of 13 years for girls & 14 years for boy’s.
· County qualified.
· Able to complete the following test sets:
o 10 x 100m FC on 1.45
o 5 x 200m IM on 3.30
o 10 x 50m kick on 1.00
Whilst in this squad swimmers will:
· Work to an 8 week training programme & aim to peak at selected competitions.
· Work on Stroke progressions.
· Will be subject to a variety of test sets.
· Work across all types of training zones & understand the use of a pace clock.
· Expected to perform perfect starts, turns & finishes on all 4 strokes.
· Goal setting will be a formalised process.
· Maintain logbooks
· Do stretching exercises & land based circuit training.
· Nutritional & drug education programmes.
· Competing guidelines.
· To take part in club events & time trials.
· To attend galas when selected.
· Qualify for Club Championships.
· To work with the Assistant Head Coach to identify specific Open Meets to take part in.
· To have the long term goal of qualifying for the County Championship.
· Monday 8.00 to 9.30pm Kettering
· Tuesday 7.30 to 9.00pm Oundle
· Friday 7.00 to 9.00pm Thrapston
· Swim hat Fins
· Goggles Hand paddles
· Drinks bottle
· Kick board
· Pull buoy
Squad Fee: £46.00 per month