To join this squad swimmers must:
· Commit to training 5 times a week
· Demonstrate a positive attitude to training & improving performance
· Have good technique on all 4 strokes.
· Minimum age of 13 years for girls & 14 years for boys.
· County qualified with potential for Regional Championship
· Able to complete the following test sets:
o 10 x 100m FC on 1.20
o 7 x 200m FC on 3.00
o 10 x 50m kick on 0.55
Whilst in this squad swimmers will:
· Work to an 8 week training programme & aim to peak at selected competitions.
· Work on Stroke progressions.
· Will be subject to a variety of test sets.
· Work across all types of training zones.
· Expected to understand the relationship of pace, stroke rates ,stroke count & training paced on
· heart rates or perceived effort
· Goal setting will be a formalised process.
· Maintain logbooks
· Complete stretching exercises & land based circuit training.
· Nutritional & drug education programmes.
· Competing guidelines.
· To take part in club events & time trials.
· To attend galas when selected.
· Qualify for Club Championships.
· To work with the Head Coach to identify specific Open Meets to take part in.
· To have the long term goal of qualifying for the Regional & National Championships.
· Monday 8.00 to 9.30pm Kettering
· Tuesday 7.30 to 9.00pm Oundle
· Wednesday 7.30 to 9.00pm Kettering
· Friday 7.00 to 9.00pm Thrapston
· Sunday 6.30 to 8.30 pm Oundle.
· Swim hat
· Drinks bottle
· Kick board
· Pull buoy
· Hand paddles Squad
Squad Fee: £63.00 per month.